This is a preview of your message.
Derby and South Derbyshire Liberal Democrats
Calling Notice for the Annual General Meeting 8 October 2018, at 7.30pm.
The Liberal Democrat Office,
Great Northern Court, 24a Great Northern Road, Derby. DE1 1LR. Tel. 01332 599995.
Car Parking available on site. Some street parking nearby.
1. Chairman's Report on activities since the previous AGM. 23 October 2017.
Maggie Hird. Chair
2. To approve the accounts for the previous financial year
To approve the Independent Examiner's Report on the accounts.
To receive an Outline Budget for the following year.
Simon King. Treasurer.
3. To appoint an Independent Examiner for the accounts.
4. To receive a report from the Lib Dem Council Group on Derby City Council.
Ruth Skelton. Group Leader.
5. To consider any motion submitted by any member of the Local Party to the Secretary
6. To receive nominations for elected posts. Close nominations.
15 minute break.
Only members of the Local Party are entitled to stand for office and to vote.
If an election is not contested the nominee shall be appointed. If an election is contested there shall be a ballot in which all Local Party members are sent ballot papers. The election shall be by Single Transferable Vote.
7. To elect Officers and Ordinary Members of the Executive Committee.
The term of office to begin on the 1st January 2019.
7e. Data Officer
7f. Membership Development Officer
7h. Ten ordinary Members
7i. Representatives from each Branch. One per ward within the branch.
7j. Two Representatives of members in parts of the Local Party without branches.
Members can download a nomination form and instructions by clicking here or get paper copies from the returning officer by calling 07788210994 or email email@example.com.
Nominations close at the Annual General Meeting by the end of item 6, by which time nominations must have been received by the Returning Officer.
You can return your nomination form/forms to the returning officer by: -
By delivering or having someone else deliver the nomination form /forms to the returning officer at the AGM before the close of nominations.
• Post to
The Returning Officer, Mr P Smith, 99 Brick Kiln Lane, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG18 5JU to arrive no later than 5 pm on
7th October 2018.
If you wish to return your nomination form/forms by email you must
1) Complete the form/forms by hand including all signatures and information required.
2) Scan the document/documents and save as a PDF.
3) Email the PDF to the Returning officer at firstname.lastname@example.org