Labour’s Record of Shame
May 1, 2019 6:46 PM
It might be only a year since Labour were removed from power in Derby, but Derby is still suffering from their mismanagement of the Council.
- The A52 fiasco. It was supposed to cost £15 million, but has run massively over-budget. It may end up costing over £43 million. Labour won't even say sorry for their part in this disaster!
- The botched re-grading of Teaching Assistants pay - leading to big pay cuts for some.
- Not giving pupils with Special Educational Needs all the support and services they needed, forcing parents to take legal action.
- Labour allowed a toxic culture to take hold in the Council. This led to low staff morale, high sickness rates, and many senior staff leaving.
- Labour's candidates at this election include the Cabinet Member responsible when the legal mess in Derby's library service was created. He was a close ally of Derby's deposed Labour leader, Ranjit Banwait.
- External auditors severely criticised Labour's running of the Council on several occasions.
YOU can make sure Derby doesn't go back to that nightmare. Vote for your Lib Dem candidates with a proven track record of hard work and competence.
Printed (hosted) by Prater Raines Ltd, 98 Sandgate High Street, Folkestone CT20 3BY
Published and promoted by Danielle Lind on behalf of Derby Liberal Democrats, all at Great Northern Court, 24A Great Northern Road, Derby, DE1 1LR.
The views expressed are those of the publisher, not of the service provider.
Website designed and developed by Prater Raines Ltd, with modifications by Derby Liberal Democrats