Labour’s Record of Shame
It might be only a year since Labour were removed from power in Derby, but Derby is still suffering from their mismanagement of the Council.
- The A52 fiasco. It was supposed to cost £15 million, but has run massively over-budget. It may end up costing over £43 million. Labour won't even say sorry for their part in this disaster!
- The botched re-grading of Teaching Assistants pay - leading to big pay cuts for some.
- Not giving pupils with Special Educational Needs all the support and services they needed, forcing parents to take legal action.
- Labour allowed a toxic culture to take hold in the Council. This led to low staff morale, high sickness rates, and many senior staff leaving.
- Labour's candidates at this election include the Cabinet Member responsible when the legal mess in Derby's library service was created. He was a close ally of Derby's deposed Labour leader, Ranjit Banwait.
- External auditors severely criticised Labour's running of the Council on several occasions.
YOU can make sure Derby doesn't go back to that nightmare. Vote for your Lib Dem candidates with a proven track record of hard work and competence.